In March 2012, Kroeger entered into the studio to work with Avril Lavigne on her fifth studio album. On July 1, 2012, Lavigne and Kroeger began dating. The two became engaged in August 2012, after approximately one month of dating. The couple married in the south of France on Canada Day in 2013. They honeymooned in Portofino, Italy.
Songs with Avril LavigneEdit
Kroeger worked with Avril Lavigne on the majority of her fifth self-titled studio album. Below is a list of songs he either co-wrote or produced.
- "Rock N Roll" (Co-writer)
- "Here's to Never Growing Up" (Co-writer)
- "Bitchin' Summer" (Co-writer)
- "Let Me Go" (Co-writer, producer, featured artist)
- "Give You What You Like" (Co-writer)
- "Bad Girl" (Co-writer)
- "Hello Kitty" (Co-writer)
- "Sippin' On Sunshine" (Co-writer)
Kroeger also wrote "How You Remind Me", one of Nickelback's biggest hits, which Lavigne covered.